Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday mornings, early, I walk the end of Ocean Point unless it's terribly awful. It was not today, and going along with the oddly gorgeous weather pattern, I saw rafts of Eider ducks, heard the mating calls of loons, saw two cardinals and counted seven lobster boats out. They're putting pots out; I saw orange and pink buoys mostly, whose ever they are. But the signs are good that it will be a long delicious spring.

Along with the wildlife, though, the water main construction guys are back by my house. The new sign in town says, "Welcome to East Beirut" and it feels like it somedays, like today. But if they weren't working now, they might this summer, and that would be disastrous, everyone agrees.
Still...it's a pain.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, do I ever look forward to reading your adventures, Sal. Construction headaches aside, it sounds like you're in a beautiful piece of earth.

    ReplyDelete