Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

So this is a new one for me...writing for anonymous friends and known ones, too, as well as relatives! But people liked my stories from Paris until the disaster struck, so I'll pick up the threads - like I've picked up my life - and continue!

This Easter has been magnificent here in East Boothbay - in the 60's and 70's, and except for feeling blue about not being with any of my boys, I've spent a wonderful time with my wonderful neighbors and friends here. At dinner with Sam Stevens' et al., I couldn't resist telling the story of my conversation with Sarah Kate, aged 7, about jelly beans and Uncle Dave when he was 7 at dinner this afternoon. Sarah Kate had just finished telling me that there was going to be a jelly bean hunt this afternoon, when I was reminded of the time when her Uncle Dave found and ate so many jelly beans that he threw them all back up. Sarah Kate's response: " So what color was it?" I had to respond that it was all the colors of jelly beans, but it didn't smell like jelly beans! Yuck. Enough. I think she'll be a handful someday!

1 comment: