Sunday, December 12, 2010

off I go!

At Thanksgiving, I took the girls some new winter hats I found at the Craft Fair at the Railway Village on Columbus Day weekend. Now I know that their little heads will be warm while I am off on a Semester at Sea 'Enrichment' cruise with Desmond Tutu to Central America! I was invited to go by the Adelmans, Nancy and Cliff, whose son Jon is a filmaker hired to make a film of this voyage. Nancy's Mom, Bette Taverner, who turned 90 last spring, needed a roomate. So off I'll go, and am pleased to do it!
I purchased a new toy, a Samsung Galaxy, (like an IPad, but better), so that hopefully I can continue this blog in a warmer clime. And get email, Skype and buy and read Kindle books - all on the same machine. It should be a treasure once I figure out how to use it.
I also purchased a quite adorable iguana puppet, who should be able to help me communicate with kids - even without any good Spanish. Perhaps I will find an interpreter for 'Toad', the horned iguana.

So off I go tomorrow, in the middle of a storm, to sunny San Diego, then Ensenada, then onto the M/V Explorer, headed for Cabo first, then Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and the Panama Canal on Christmas Day, with one of the most inspirational leaders of our era. It will be a special trip!

The girls, I think, will survive without me for this one Christmas. East Boothbay surely will, though we all wait with baited breath to find out what has happened to Mr. Murphy, the owner of Lobsterman's Wharf. He was in a terrible accident recently, and is still in Maine Medical Center in Intensive Care. Let us hope that everyone recovers who was in that crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment