Sunday, February 10, 2013

snowstorm!!!!!!!

This was the door I usually use to go in and out of my house. This was the sight I found on Saturday morning after 24 hours of wind and snow. All the doors out of my house, except for one were blocked like this. The one I use the least had had the snow blown away from it, so that is where I first tried to get out.
However, in order to shovel out this door, I had to fight my way through thigh high snow. At one point, I contemplated lying down and rolling down the hill. But then I thought I might not be able to get up again.
I finally made it to this door, and shovelled it out, and then I shovelled the deck, and then a path to the driveway, should it ever be plowed. Then I went to bed after the second day of storm.
This morning I awoke to brilliant sun and a plowed drive. I have never been so happy to be able to drive out the driveway. Cabin fever came early this year, but didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment