Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Imaginary visions



Some of my best images have come from a passing glimpse of someone or thing. Others come from long, careful study. This image came from a boat and man glimpsed going out to sea at dusk from Monhegan. He had a beautiful dory workboat all fitted out, and the evening felt like it would be very profitable for him.


So I put this together, though the background really doesn't look like Monhegan. Sometimes you just have to make stuff up. It was important though, to get the boat and the guy driving it, right, or nearly so. I hope it is.


I'm going to do some more of these blogs, of my art work, as a way to explain some of it, and to spread it farther around. It is also a way to keep it in front of me. I've just sold some things; sometimes I am glad to be rid of stuff, and sometimes I want to be able to look at it - to remind myself that I really can produce some good, interesting work. I hope you'll enjoy this new focus.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you will blog about your art. Also, love all that you produce.

    ReplyDelete