Tuesday, June 21, 2011

windjammers day one

They came this year on a brisk NW wind; between 12 and 3pm they passed Damariscove and Fisherman's Islands, and sailed on in to Linekin Bay. They were having just a lot of fun, it was clear. Though I've had to use a photo from last year - this year I was too busy sailing myself -, this photo gives you an idea of what they look like.
In the meantime, Priscilla got all decked out with flags borrowed from the Marina (thanks, Dan), and we sailed a bit and motored a bit over to the Harbor to be in the Antique Boat Parade. Priscilla was launched in 1965, so we were the 5th or 6th boat, depending on whether or not you counted the lobster boat that horned its way in front of us in the parade. It was a nice clean boat so I didn't mind, but he was not Us. And there were about 15 legit boats in the parade - lots of beautiful launches, and two sailboats actually sailing!!!!

For a time I thought the two Boothbay Harbor One Designs were just harassing the parade, but then discovered that one of them had two friends on her and she was an official part of the parade. I was a bit chagrinned as I had been swearing (silently) at them throughout, but I am extremely proud of them now, to know that they actually sailed all the way through the parade!

Hooray for you, Patty Berger and Nancy Adams!

Afterwards, we had a gorgeous sail to Fisherman's Passage when the wind died and we motored the rest of the way home. It was idyllic. Summer has begun!




No comments:

Post a Comment