Sunday, April 24, 2011

spring is sprung

Easter brought spring to East Boothbay. Suddenly the thermometer has broken the 60 degree mark, much to everyone's relief. People are beginning to flood the roads into town; Sugarloaf-stickered cars are beginning to reappear; lobster boats are filling up with traps; yards are emptying of traps and buoys; daffodils are popping up.

My church was filled to the brim today. My neighbor down the road, with mesothelioma, read the lesson - a real victory for her, but I didn't make it to the fog-rise service at 5:30am. The sun did not come out until about 9, and I decided to wait for the sun.

I dug up the last of the wintered-over parsnips and carrots, fed the rhododendrons, and began to make garden to-do lists. I've been varnishing the oars to the dinghy lately, but that project's about done. Things are gearing up for "the season," like the lobster boats. I guess I'd better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment